That’s right; Testimonials beta 2 will be ready for public consumption in a day or so. Code cleaning takes place on a regular basis now, as the code becomes more mature. Only one major admin panel change could be made, in which a few options would be available to set instead of in the plug-in file, but that is planed to be included in beta 2. More security features made their way into beta 2, including the ability to remove html tags from testimonials.
Today I learned something, well to be truthful I already knew it existed; I just never tired using it. I am talking about the use template option for WordPress pages and posts. The method allows for my Archives page to now work, which is a combination of handwritten code along with some code from K2 and of course using the Extended Live Archives plug-in for WordPress. Anyways, the Archives page now works and fully replaces the old side bar archives menu that took up a fair amount of space.
Today I just added support on my blog for gravatars, so if you have a Gravatar account your gravatar should show up to the left of your name on comments made in this blog. I am planning further updates, but they may not make their way onto the blog for some time. I am also working on coding some practice AJAX stuff for other projects.
I woke up to about a foot of snow on top of ice covered roads, so spring break received a one day extension. We lost power momentarily, but my el-cheapo Tripp-Lite 250VA UPS kept mtekktux humming, a very good thing.
Ok after looking over my CSS I discovered one descrepency which made the single post pages look odd. Then I figured out the positioning problem with the top curved thingy was caused because IE doesn’t support [element] > [sub element] (element direcly under the parent element) coding but does support [element] [sub element] (element somewhere under the parent element). I had to assign the image a class so that I could gain the desired effect. Now only the PNG bug remains, which I cannot fix so IE users get a real browser.
I’ve partially implemented by new WordPress theme. Well, I had it up and was testing it on Saturday night. I know that other pages are broken right now (these are just about every page other than the main page). No need to fret, I know how to fix it for Mozilla Firefox and friends but as for IE 6 I need to do some testing. So bear with me while I work out all of the kinks. I’ll continue to post but the theme may become broken as I tinker with it until it does what I want.
As for the base of the theme, it’s Kubrick. But, I have rewritten about 80% of the code. Not only are the images different, but how they are represented differently since I keep all of my CSS in a .css file. I know that I have to make one more graphic for use in the user comments area, and I’ll get that done ASAP.