Update 3 to Breadcrumb NavXT Premium Extensions

The current crop of five premium extensions received a minor update today. With this update, all of the premium extensions now use a new API for license and update management. Additionally, an incorrect string in the settings page for Menu Magic was fixed.

Users with valid and activated license keys should receive an update notification within the WordPress dashboard and be able to use the update mechanism to update (just like with any plugin in the WordPress.org repository).

Visit the Breadcrumb NavXT Premium Extension Store to check out all of the updated premium extensions.

-John Havlik

[end of transmission, stay tuned]

Breadcrumb NavXT Menu Magic 1.1.2

Announcing the immediate availability of Breadcrumb NavXT Menu Magic 1.1.2. This version fixes two bugs. The cause of a PHP warning on taxonomy term archives when the current item is linked is fixed in this version. Additionally, unlinked menu items (items with a link of #) will once again grab the appropriate unlinked breadcrumb template.

Users with valid and activated license keys should receive an update notification within the WordPress dashboard and be able to use the update mechanism to update (just like with any plugin in the WordPress.org repository).

-John Havlik

[end of transmission, stay tuned]

Breadcrumb NavXT Multidimension Extensions 2.1.0

Announcing the immediate availability of Breadcrumb NavXT Multidimension Extensions 2.1.0. The single new feature in this version is increased support for new features introduced in Breadcrumb NavXT 5.6.0. Specifically, this version adds support for Breadcrumb NavXT 5.6.0’s breadcrumb trail cache avoidance ‘force’ parameter for its display functions and in the Breadcrumb NavXT widget.

You can grab Breadcrumb NavXT Multidimension Extensions from the WordPress.org plugin repository.

-John Havlik

[end of transmission, stay tuned]

Breadcrumb NavXT 5.6.0

Holy incremental improvements Batman! Breadcrumb NavXT 5.6.0 ships with two new features and two bug fixes. On the feature front, a fourth parameter was added to the two display functions. This parameter bypasses the internal breadcrumb caching mechanism. Additionally, in the settings page, the breadcrumb template settings are now multiple line text boxes. Previously, the default breadcrumb templates were getting quite long and hard to edit on a single line. This should make editing of the breadcrumb template easier.

Two bugs were squashed is this release. The first involved Breadcrumb NavXT inappropriately adding the blog breadcrumb into the breadcrumb trail for search result pages. The second bug previously allowed the blog breadcrumb options to be available in the settings page even when a Posts Page was not set.

Translations

As explained in the Breadcrumb NavXT Translations Moving to Language Packs article, Breadcrumb NavXT has moved away from shipping translations with the plugin. This is the first release to ship without any included translations, all translations are available via language packs, or from the Breadcrumb NavXT Translation Project.

If you would like to contribute to translating Breadcrumb NavXT, please visit the Breadcrumb NavXT Translation Project. A big thanks to all of the translators that have contributed to the translations in the past and continue to contribute.

As always, you can grab the latest version of Breadcrumb NavXT from the Breadcrumb NavXT page. If you experience any issues with this version of Breadcrumb NavXT, please leave a comment on this post detailing the issue.

-John Havlik

[end of transmission, stay tuned]

Repairing the 24 Pin ATX Power Connector

As part of my new home server build, I picked up a used Super Micro SC216 chassis. This chassis has 24x 2.5″ drive bays in the front, 3x 80mm fans in the mid-plane, 7 half-height expansion slots in the rear, and dual PSUs. While dual PSUs are overkill, the rest of the features should make for a nice Xeon D based storage chassis.

Once the chassis arrived, I noticed that the previous owner had mutilated the 24 pin ATX power cable. The PS-ON, and the GND pin next to it, had been clipped at the connector and spliced together with a crimped pigtail splice. Typically, this is done so that the PSUs are always on when using the chassis as an external JBOD box. Since I would like the soft power button to function properly on the case, this needed to be fixed.

Luckily, I had an 24 pin ATX power cable from a dead PSU. Using that cable as a donor, I replaced the PS-ON and GND pins in the power connector. Then, I made a solder splice between the PS-ON (and GND) in the power distributor and the corresponding replacement in the connector. With the lines reconnected, I was able to power up my test board (an old core 2 duo board). Now the chassis is ready for a Xeon D motherboard.

-John Havlik

[end of transmission, stay tuned]