The last official project of the summer was a quick mod to my Lian Li PC-A05NB case. For those not familiar with the case, the PSU sits in the bottom front of the case. The case is designed with airflow from in the back to exiting from the front (reverse of all other cases). Before I upgraded to a Core i7, my Core 2 Duo system was experiencing some heat related issues due to exhaust issues through the front.
This mod began in late June when I went with a friend to the technical college he was taking a “How to create anything” class at. Using the mill in the classroom, I cut a hole in the front of the case (originally wanted to use the laser cutter, but it can’t cut through aluminum). It isn’t visible in the provided pictures, but the hole is slightly crooked, but most won’t notice it if I don’t point it out.
The front panel sat, hole cut, all summer. Last night, I finally took the time to cut out the perforated aluminum and mix up some epoxy to bond the “mesh” to the front panel. After 24 hours of curing, the front panel is done. Below are two pictures of the results.
[end of transmission, stay tuned]