As March approaches and the release of WordPress 2.5 nears, development on Breadcrumb NavXT 2.1 begins. Right now in the SVN, the trunk received a minor update that won’t be tagged, though it’s version happens to be 2.0.3. The trunk SVN in never stable unless immediately following a tagged release. Version 2.1 will feature:
- A newly revamped Administrative interface. Complies with the WordPress 2.5 guidelines, even though they recommend using tables in ways that they shouldn’t be.
- Smarter method for trimming the title to stay within the maximum length while not cutting off in the middle word.
- Reimplement static front pages.
- Allowing post breadcrumb organization by category or tags.
- A widgetized version. (May or may not make it in this version, not sure if it is appropriate for this plug-in.)
Hopefully, the current problems that some are experiencing when enabling the Administrative interface can be resolved in an elegant manor. One cause of this is known and an appropriate error message with instructions on how to resolve the issue will be given to the user.
[end of transmission, stay tuned]