Foretold in a previous post, almost a year ago, premium extensions for Breadcrumb NavXT are in development. Today, the first three premium extensions are now available for purchase. These are: Breadcrumb NavXT Menu Magic, Breadcrumb NavXT Title Trixx, and Breadcrumb NavXT WPML Extensions. Visit the Breadcrumb NavXT Extensions Store to see all of the officially supported Breadcrumb NavXT extension plugins.
Breadcrumb NavXT Menu Magic allows the site administrator to select a WordPress Menu for Breadcrumb NavXT to follow for both titles and hierarchy for resources (posts, taxonomy terms, archives, etc). If the current item is not found in the menu, Breadcrumb NavXT will fall back to its default behavior.
- Define breadcrumb trail hierarchy using a WordPress menu.
- Set alternate titles for breadcrumbs using a WordPress menu.
- Insert custom breadcrumbs into the breadcrumb trail using link elements within a WordPress menu.
Breadcrumb NavXT Title Trixx allows a custom title to be set for any post’s (as in any post type) breadcrumb. It features integration with All in One SEO Pack and WordPress SEO by Yoast. If none of the supported SEO plugins are activated on the current WordPress install, an “Alternate Title” meta box will be available on all post edit screens.
- Supports replacing the breadcrumb title with All in One SEO Pack’s “SEO Title”
- Supports replacing the breadcrumb title WordPress SEO by Yoast’s “Breadcrumbs Title”
- Includes “Alternate Title” meta box for replacing the title if none of the supported SEO plugins are active
Breadcrumb NavXT WMPL Extensions improves Breadcrumb NavXT’s support for WPML Multilingual CMS. While Breadcrumb NavXT mostly works with WMPL Multilingual CMS, there are some deficiencies; see Breadcrumb NavXT and WPML Compatibility. With Breadcrumb NavXT WPML Extensions, string based settings within Breadcrumb NavXT and Custom Post Type root pages are translatable within WPML Multilingual CMS.
- Automatically links to the correct Custom Post Type “root page” for the current language
- Makes Breadcrumb NavXT settings that are strings available for translation via WPML String Translation
- Improves Breadcrumb NavXT widget’s WPML compatibility
[end of transmission, stay tuned]